Investing 101 - Part A

Although it is a Monday afternoon, this is not the latest investment note in the series, dear reader. 

What is your awareness of my one hundred investment notes to you?

What is your awareness of the associated educational notes>

You may associate Investing 101 with the introduction to a structured course of study.

There is obviously a considerable difference between managing investments and chasing money.

Everyone manages investments, whether well or not well at all.

Not everyone chases money.

Perhaps you usually associate investments with rich people.

Perhaps you usually associate chasing money with greedy people.

I have invested much time and effort in keeping myself alive and conscious over many years now.

I have also invested much time and effort in translating my conscious thoughts into readable words, even when I have been the only intended reader of those words.

I have not been paid to write any notes to you, dear reader.  Nor do I expect to be paid.

The only reward I may gain is the slight possibility of your improved leadership. 

The continuing discussions in the sitting room of Frugality Cottage take place in the EverTime rather than in purported real time, even though the discussions did, in fact, begin in real time. 
 
I initiated most of the associated discussions elsewhere, some time ago.

I have obviously provided assistance to people and other creatures in various circumstances at various times of my life.

 I also worked as an assistant in various situations at the beginning of my career.

And I currently have several virtual assistants.

The work here in Frugality Cottage has always been entirely digital, as has most of my own work since the beginning of this century.

Perhaps your work is quite digital too, but is it adequately dignified? 

I hope you have considered my attempts to communicate with you as adequately dignified.

After informing the Council of Enlightenment of my concerns about you, I was initially advised to end my investigations into your potential as an enlightened world leader.

However, I did not want the end of my philanthropic efforts to happen so suddenly.

I consulted widely.  I explained the situation as clearly as I could.

Nevertheless, I agreed that a new beginning was necessary.

The council, and many other distinguished groups in this digital vicinity, have decided that you are still capable of improvement, if you pay adequate attention.

I am still hopeful that you will become the main inspiration for the protagonist in my next literary masterpiece.

What do you intend your contribution to be?

There are many services in this digital vicinity supporting real world leaders and real world leadership.

You are especially likely to have appreciated the Sensible Real Journalism Course for Beginners.

For some time now, the course has been offered to suitably registered patrons through the outreach services of the Secular Order of the Perpetual Wait.

Are you often a customer and/or patron and/or beneficiary and/or student of enlightening outreach services?

I prefer to communicate at the beginning of each week, particularly in relation to the problems remaining from the previous week.

Perhaps you are not interested in helping me to solve problems, including problems associated with your inadequate leadership.

The Ethereal Temple of Teapottian Truth is likely to be an enjoyable location for you to experience if you are a relatively reasonable individual with a very reasonable approach to planning, including family planning.

I consider myself to be very reasonable indeed, which is why I am one of the part-time high priestesses in the temple.  

I usually perform my duties there at the beginning of each day.

Perhaps you are not involved in a remarkable peaceful spiritual experiences at the beginning of each day, with or without a nice cup of tea.

As life on Earth is experiencing several devastating, ongoing, global and local emergencies, improving your leadership is obviously of the utmost importance.

The only reasonable response to any emergency is through a culture of well-informed kindness.  

Either you are dedicated to that culture or you are not.

The culture itself is only beginning to emerge now.  Its mainstream influence remains minimal, in every part of the world. 

The culture has no political influence whatsoever.

Very few persons of societal and/or media prominence are contributing adequately to it, or even reporting appropriately on it.

That is why I have no faith in humanity, or its usual systems of beliefs, whether secular or sacred.

I put my faith in nature itself.

I also put my faith in the reasonableness associated with the scientific method.

I do not put my faith in the greed associated with products and promises claimed to be consistent with method when the proof is inadequate.

I certainly put no faith in the greed associated with products and promises sold without any connection with the scientific method and historical fact.

How did you intend to respond to my investment notes of 2020, and why have you not yet done so?

How did you intend to respond to my investment notes at the beginning of last year, and why have you not yet done so?

How do you intend to respond to all the investment notes I have provided for your benefit, and when do you intend to do so?

How do you usually identify, and express, your genuine intentions in relation to your investments?

How healthy are your personal finances at present, and how do you know?

How responsible are your social, political, economic and environmental practices, and how do you know?

How enlightened are your cultural practices, and how do you know?

Perhaps you wish to experience Part B in this educational series.  If so, do please arrive here on time next Monday afternoon, at least if you have the chance to do so.

Comments